Saturday, June 2, 2012

And So the Internship Began

Recently, the internship has been a trend for us, third year students. Some of us were disapointed for some reasons, some ecstatic, and some are just there, having OJT-as a requirement. 

Since April, I was so frustrated to just have my OJT because I am really excited to be in a new atmosphere and to have that so called "OJT" where you get to experience a part of the realm of work.  So there goes the month of May and it went so fast. I was deployed at the Office I did not know of. The moment I entered the Office, I was seriously aloof and a little scared because everybody's quiet. You could hear voices from across the room, seriously. I thought all people there are just... quiet, silent and just serious. Good thing, another intern was with me when I entered the Office's pantry and talked to him.

I really like the moments where I have to rush here and there to get this and that, the authority and the pressure. Seriously. :) At first, I was challenged because the tasks at hand needed quick and prompt take. Later on, I got used to it. I really enjoyed it, though, honestly, in some parts of it, I really tire. 

The staffs in the office are cute and cool. Hehe. SRSLY. :)) They have their own way of being mushy, funny, cool, serious and encouraging. I don't exactly know why I am having this odd feeling but I think I somehow got attached to the people who ask me to do things. I like the rush and the pressure, mediocrity aside. 

For some reasons, at the end of the day, I want to say that I took this part of my college life by heart. I really want to make the most it. I know I can't be an Intern all over again. It's either I work there where I would be then, an employee already, and not a simple intern where things would be a lot different then. I just want to learn a lot from this experience and see how things would work for me. 

A lot of realizations were made. It's just fun, exhilarating, challenging and just enjoyable. If classes won't be just around the corner, I would love to extend, even just for a week or a short while. It's not only the tasks that makes me like and enjoy the internship, but also or I must say, it's the people in there that makes it a blast. 

1 comment:

  1. Kung pwede lang din talaga mag-extend. Kaso pasukan na eh. Kailangan muna magpahinga kahit ilang araw lang. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete