Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Just Love My Dad

"Pa, pakarga. " This was my most used line when I used to be a kid and this was the hint where my dad would be carrying me already. This means my strength has reached its limit, that I am already in the verge of crying and this is the line that symbolizes I just can't do it anymore. He had to intervene.


Nowadays, almost more than a century has passed, I cannot use this line anymore. Saying it off would seem a huge joke. Obviously, my dad cannot do this anymore, but I am so grateful on how he does things for me in the simplest ways I know. He cares, I know. And I love him deeply not just because of that but also because of his unceasing love for us as a father.


I am writing this just because.. I really appreciate him. Though words would not always show. He would always bring home something from work or whenever he would just go out. He would be more excited to do things and have a bond with us. I love him not because he permits me to do somethings that my mother does not, but because of one reason: I have a father more worth than any other words that I can even describe. Sure, he has his shortcomings but that does not limit the father he has been to us.


More that words, I am happy. If I am even to be asked if I would live life for the second and the third time, I will still choose him as my father over and over. 


Though we may have misunderstandings and quarrels, I still love him the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment