Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Can't Sleep

I am just having a hard time sleeping really early. I know it's not the best thing, you see. Good thing, it's vacation that's why it's a little more tolerated.

Even before the past semester, I am already sleeping at almost 230am in most days, even 3am. And now, It's already in the middle of the vacation and am still sleeping at 2am in the morning even before, when vacation started, I sleep at 4am, I even catch sunrises at 5am. I am also fond of it in a way, because I can write, read, think better or even reflect at these times better than day time since it's more quiet and there are few distractions- the noises of my pets, etcetera. Everybody's asleep, no one can bug me or talk to me. I have my focus. Am I that much nocturnal already? Ugh. My body clock is really having a hard time adjusting to my aimed body clock of sleeping at 10pm to 11pm, atleast, and waking up at 4am maybe, and doing, then, my devotions, writings, readings, reflections, etcetera. Am doing my best to change it.

However, in most cases, at around 1am to 2am, my mind begins to think of a lot of things, my mind begins to compose sentences that would have been my lessons learned for a day or even in random. My mind begins to be enthusiastic to read, and want to interact with articles, with my pen and papers-- to write. Am I that weird now? Haha. My mind is just so active in those hours. I would try to sleep and voila, after the next few minutes, I have just constructed quotes, passages, etcetera. No sleep happened. Not until 2am, I would be most probably awake. But atleast it's not that 'late' by now, it's already 2am that I actually feel myself wanting to sleep, not as before where I even reach 4am or 5am in doing things. 

Discipline. Discipline. Discpline.

No comments:

Post a Comment